Feb 14 – Mar 28
Every significant move of God is always birthed in a focus of prayer and fasting. Join us as we enter into a season of reading scripture, prayer & fasting as we prepare to celebrate the Resurrection this Easter at Adventure Church. It’s not only a time of abstaining from certain things but also embracing the true heart of Christ and renew our commitment to serving His Kingdom.
Why Do We Fast?
We fast so that we can disconnect from the world and connect with God! Fasting is about drawing closer to God and getting more of his presence in our lives. When we choose to fast we choose to hit the reset button of our souls that begins to renew us from the inside out. Fasting enables us to celebrate the goodness of God and prepares our hearts for the good things our Heavenly Father is going to bring into our lives. When deciding on what to fast we encourage you to seek prayer, and wise counsel, and follow what the Holy Spirit calls you to do.
Types Of Fast
This fast consists of removing specific items from your diet. One example of a selective fast is the daniel fast where you remove meats, sweets, and bread from your diet.
This fast consists of removing all food and only drinking liquid. Mostly water and light juices.
This fast is sometimes called the “Jewish Fast” and consists of abstaining from any food from sunup to sundown. For example, in Ohio it’s not eating from 7am to 5pm. ‘
This is a great option for those people who aren’t experienced with fasting food or have health reasons that prevent them from fasting. This is when you abstain from certain areas of your life that can easily get out of balance. For example, a soul fast could be giving up TV, social media, or watching sports.
Weekly Prayer Guides
Good & Merciful
God is pure, there is no sin, darkness or impurity in Him. He is unable to sin, which means He is unable to sin against us or humanity. All that He does is good. He is compassionate and does not pour out the wrath that we deserve.
Ps 34:8, Ps 107:1, Titus 3:5, Ps 25:10, Lam 3:22-23
Incomprehensible & Transcendent
God is high above and beyond human understanding. He is unable to be fully known. When we get a glimpse of His magnitude, so many of our fears, worries and questions get swallowed up and put to rest in the reality of who He truly is.
Rom 11:33-36, Isaiah 55:8-9, Job 38-42, Ps 145:3
Omniscient, Omnipotent & Omnipresent
God is all-knowing, there is nothing unknown to Him. God is all-powerful. His strength is unlimited. God is everywhere; His presence is near and permeating.
Ps 147:4, 1 John 3:20, Heb 4:13, Matt 19:26, Jer 32:27, Prov 15:3, Ps 139:7-10
Immutable & Truthful
God does not change. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is our measurement of what is fact. By Him we are able to discern between true and false.
1 Sam 15:29, James 1:17, John 3:33, Romans 1:25
Faithful & Eternal
God is incapable of going against His word and His promises. He is faithful even when we are not. He has no beginning and no end. He always was, always is and always will be.
Deut 7:9, Heb 10:23, 2 Tim 2:13, 1 Cor 1:9, Rev 1:8, Isaiah 41:4
Patient & Gracious
God is long-suffering and enduring. He gives abundant opportunity for people to turn towards Him. He is kind, giving gifts and benefits to us that we do not deserve.
Rom 2:4, 2 Peter 3:9, Ps 145:8, Jonah 4:2, Is 30:18
Purify my heart.
Psalm 139:23-24 “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you and lead me along the path of everlasting life.”
Increase my spiritual hunger.
Matthew 5:6“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.”
John 6:33-35 “For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.” Then they said to Him, “Lord, always give us this bread.” Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.”
Help me walk in obedience.
John 15:14 “If you love me, obey my commandments.”
1 Peter 13-16 “So prepare your minds for action and exercise self-control. Put all your hope in the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world. So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.”
Open my eyes to see people as you see them.
Matthew 25:40 Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
1 Sam 16:7b “The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”
Help me to be faithful during this season. Help me live intentionally, trusting that you ordain my steps and see each act of obedience.
Ps 139:15-17 “My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
Help me keep my eyes focused on the eternal prize that you have called me to.
Philippians 3:12-21 ” I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us… Dear brothers and sisters, pattern your lives after mine, and learn from those who follow our example. For I have told you often before, and I say it again with tears in my eyes, that there are many whose conduct shows they are really enemies of the cross of Christ. They are headed for destruction. Their god is their appetite, they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life here on earth. But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior. He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit’s anointing on Vanessa, Justus, and the Worship Team.
- Pray for the presence of God to be tangible every Sunday as we praise Him as a church body.
- Pray that God would continue to grow that team as He leads other singers and musicians to Adventure.
- Pray that God would birth more creative and innovative ideas to reach people with the gospel.
- Pray for God to bring more team members who are gifted in audio-visual, sound, and production.
- Pray for deep and authentic relationships.
- Pray for authentic connection during events and gatherings.
- Pray for clear vision for all that God wants to do in our men and women.
- Ask the Lord to provide more team members who are passionate about the guest experience.
- Pray for unity within each team and the team as a whole.
- Pray for each team member to be filled with joy as they serve.
Lifegroups and Alpha
- Matt 28:18-20: Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- “Holy Spirit, we ask that you bless every effort and avenue that we are using to fulfill what you have commanded us to be disciples and to ‘make disciples’. Transform us this year as we obey and surrender our lives to following you. Let this desire grow in every believer to disciple others even as we are growing in our own faith. Awaken those who are gifted to lead, teach and shepherd others. The harvest is plenty and the workers are few, so we ask for more workers.”
- Pray that kids will know and love Jesus deeply.
- Pray that our volunteers would be bold in sharing the love of Jesus with the kids in their classrooms.
- Pray that friendships would be plentiful/bountiful for every child that walks into Kidventure.
- Pray for the teachers’ health, safety, wisdom, and their families.
- Pray for our families’ health, safety, parental wisdom, and for any who may not know the Lord.
- Kelly Gale (Director) for continued wisdom & guidance in leading the team and dealing with difficult issues. Pray for fresh perspectives and new ideas for the future.
- Pray that the Lord would bring in the right leaders who have a passion for the next generation.
- Pray our students would find their identity in Christ, not in this world.
- Pray that our students will be bold and confident in sharing their faith.
- Dream Team Leaders, Hype Leaders, Kidventure Leaders & Life Group Leaders
- All those who give of their time, talent & treasure to serve at Adventure
- “Holy Spirit I pray for every man, woman, teen, and child who calls Adventure Church their home. Make us fit for what you’ve called us to be. Lead us in your way, and fill every good idea and act of faith with your energy so that it produces eternal fruit! May our lives honor you. Renew our strength as we follow you and “live to please the Spirit” as Galatians teaches us. Give us divine, Holy Spirit boldness, energy, grace, and hearts set on eternal things and not just temporary earthly desires.
- “I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters, by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, united in thought and purpose.” 1 Cor 1:10
- “So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others” Phil 2:1-4
- Pray that in a year that will be full of opportunity for division: political, ideological, relational and every other opportunity for anger, fear and tension to divide us, that we would act as true believers of Christ. Taking our cues from Jesus and not culture. He was full of grace and truth. Pray that in the midst of turmoil, we will be TRANSFORMED by the Word and not conformed to the culture around us.
- Open doors to meet tangible needs in our community
- Volunteers and Leaders to further ministry
- Pray for continued resources to expand into additional schools and reach more children
- Open doors and open hearts.
- Pray for volunteers and teachers.
- Pray for new ways and opportunities to be the hands and feet of Jesus to those in this system.
- Ask God to show us what part He is calling us to play, individually and as a church body, in this area of need.
- Pray for renewed strength for foster care families and those who are caring for these children.
- Pray for boldness, wisdom and favor for those on the front lines of this battle.
- Pray for the women that they reach that God would give everyone in need of their help access when they need it.
- Pray for financial provision.
- Pray for healing and restoration for the women that are in the program. Ask God for divine connections for those who need to be rescued.
- Leadership: pray for the Holy Spirit to equip them with everything they need and encourage their hearts as they serve.
- Pray for resources, leaders, volunteers, open doors and protection as they go into desperate and dangerous situations
- Teachers, Students, Administration
- Education Plans & Policies
- Pray for Believers (students, admin & teachers) to live lives of unwavering faith & trust in God. To humbly and firmly stand on truth and love others with grace and truth.
- A prayer for our community: “Father, I pray that you would equip those in leadership with wisdom, ideas and divine direction as they create and uphold the laws that govern our city and state. We know that this is not an easy time to lead and we ask that you would raise up bold men and women, full of integrity and honor that would step out and lead with humility, grace and deep conviction. Protect the families of those who are in leadership as well; keep them safe and let there be unity in their homes.”
- Holy Spirit, give me eyes to see my neighbors, co-workers and others that I encounter the way that you see them. Let me be the light that you have called me to be. Help me to go out of my way to love, speak life and let the kindness that you have shown me radiate to those around me.
- Heavenly Father, I ask that you open a door (or multiple doors) for me to invite someone to hear the gospel this Easter. Prepare someone’s heart that they would be ready and willing to accept the invitation.
- In humility, He took on human flesh so that He could redeem humanity. https://answersingenesis.org/jesus/why-did-jesus-take-on-a-human-nature/
- He was offered in our place so we would not have to taste eternal death and pay the penalty for our own sin.
- He is the only mediator between God and man. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBr-blQxIm4
- He will reign forever. https://bibleproject.com/podcast/kingdom-god-part-3/